Hey y'all thanks for joining the class blog. Don't forget to submit your email below to receive notifications. You don't want to be left out of the loop!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Update on my project for the assignment Removable interventions

My art will change the way of one's usual, logical thinking pattern and intentionally make them look at my piece through another perspective that may be  a suprised state of mind or at most, an uncomfortable state. Design element used are texture, color, and space.
For my piece, I'll be using skin wax and a CrockPot Cooker provided by Sam, plasture powder from our class, Velcro straps, a can of Great Stuff Insulating foam sealant, and cans of spray paint.

So far, I have completed one part of my piece: an arm. I left it in the class storage room with Sam's cooker to harden and to have plasture poured into it for the next few class meetings. I'll be using the skin wax and cooker again for my other arm and my feet. The can of Insulating foam sealant will be used to fill the gaps in my arms and legs after plasture hardens. I'll be building at least 5 more body parts by revealing them from hardened plasture. These parts will be spray painted and attached to my location's object. The Velcro straps will be affixed to the finished plasture arms to hold them in place on the object in the place I am working at in the Art Building and then spray painted as well.

The following are pics of materials for and completed parts of my artwork:





No comments:

Post a Comment